Saturday, June 07, 2008

side effects

Hmmmmm....I wonder if my new medicine is causing me to not feel well. I've had at least 4 of the side effects listed below. For now I'm just going to watch it and hope that my body gets used to the medicine. If it continues I'll definitely call my doctor.

Levothyroxine
All medicines may cause side effects, but many people have no, or minor, side effects. Check with your doctor if any of these most COMMON side effects persist or become bothersome when using Levothyroxine:
Anxiety; diarrhea; flushing; mood swings; muscle weakness; partial, temporary hair loss; sleeplessness; stomach cramps; tiredness; vomiting.

3 comments:

Renee said...

ugh...we'll pray that this is just a temporary adjustment period!

Jill LaFaye said...

Whoa!
I have been taking Levothyroxine for over 20 years..and I didn't realize that it had these side effects. My goodness!

I think I have mood swings 'cause my mother & father have them..the muscle weekness and tiredness..I take a good multivitamin for..you would be amazed what vitamins can do for you..sleeplessness..I thought this simply was because I am a night owl(ha)..and the anxiety..is because of a certain someone that I have to deal with until Izabelle is 18 (he is nicer now..but I still deal with issues mentally from the past)

How long have you been taking this medicine? I can't remember how I felt when I first started taking it at the age of 14. I do remember it making me feel a lot better than I did before the meds.

Maybe your dose is too high or too low? Make sure you take them everyday..don't ever, ever skip a day.

Sorry..I am not trying to be bossy..I am just concerned about you..let us know what the Dr. says.
Enjoy your Sunday!
Hugs:)

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Sorry that you're not feeling well... and hope the side effects go away QUICKLY!