Wednesday, September 15, 2010

At the State Fair 2010

Wow I had a time tonight uploading these pictures! I don't know if it was Blogger, Picasa or my computer that caused the uploading to freeze. I had to press CTRL- ALT- DEL and end the task at least 10 times. It was very frustrating. But they are on now and I can share with you our day at the state fair. Remember these pictures are taken with my phone. (Not too bad for a phone I might add.)

These pumpkins were HUGE! Do you see the sign below? This one weighed 956 pounds! That is amazing!
I don't think I have ever seen a watermelon as big as these! I know that the smaller pumpkins are better for eating, I wonder how the big watermelons would taste. Are they the same as the smaller? Or do they lose taste when they get that big?

The kids love to play on these inflatables!

Whee!!!
And Kerplunk!
OK so follow me if you will. This happens often where Aussie goes off on his own so the other two play with each other. So a little time goes by and Aussie realizes that he is playing by himself and wonders why the other two are not playing with him.
Here is Mason and Ashley doing their thing.
Now here is Aussie. He is completely on the other side of the sandbox from the other two.Because this camera is not fast enough it doesn't show that he is taking sand and throwing it up in the air on top of himself.OK so he realizes he is by himself and he goes over to play with the other two. But he is still doing his own thing. And he gets the other two to start putting sand on his legs.Now! Skip to dinner. Aussie tells Greg that the reason he has sand in his hair is because Ashley put sand in his hair. Ahem...I called him on it! I did see her put sand in his hair, but as you can tell from the pictures he had sand in his hair long before she entered the picture!In frontier land they got to make bracelets.

They had this cute little play farm set up. None of us noticed it was for 3 and under until we were finished playing in there. But the kids had a blast!

They went around gathering fruits and vegis from different places.





When they filled up their baskets they showed the lady up front. She told them now if they put everything back where it belongs she would give them a treat.








Ah and you can't get out of the fair without buying "fair" food! Mason with his HUGE bag of cotton candy.
Ashley with her funnel cake.
And Aussie with his fries (of course).

There were many of these cut-outs. My phone died 45 minutes before we left or I would have gotten several more pictures of these.



This of course in my favorite!




My Facebook profile picture is this one from last year. I got some update pictures of me from this year. I'll have to see which is better.



I love this angora rabbit!
Their favorite part was getting little glass figurines from the glass blower. And I didn't even get pictures of that!

No comments: