Monday, September 20, 2010

Outfit for Ashley

My friend Amy invited me to a little get together with her church friends. They were learning how to make pillowcase dresses. Since I have made them before, she asked if I could come along and help. I love all kinds of crafts. I jumped at the chance. When we got there someone actually had a pattern. So I think 4 of the 7 girls used the pattern. Amy, her sister-in-law and I all did it my way. My way if I do say so myself was the better way to do it. All three of ours turned out cute. The others- well they were cute, but honestly I don't know who it would fit. They were tiny! Anyway, this is the outfit I made for Ashley. This is made out of a Tommy Hilfiger sheet. I made the shirt using this YouTube video. Then I just took a pair of Ashley's jeans and used them as a pattern to make her pants. I love how it turned out!So of course when I finished it, guess what Ashley said? She said she liked it but she didn't want to wear it. WHAT??? After all that work she wasn't going to wear it??? So what did I do when she was sleeping? I made a matching outfit for TigerLily. And a matching outfit for Sarah. Do you think it will work?
You better believe it! Greg calls me a master manipulator, but gee all I said in the morning to Ashley was, "Did you see Sarah and TigerLily?" She went to look at them and she said it was the cutest thing she ever saw. And she happily wore it to church!







A girl's got to do what a girl's got to do! Can you see me beaming through your computer monitor?

No comments: