Well as many of you know I went to Girl Scout camp with Ashley over the weekend. Getting there was a big adventure! I was exhausted so we left the house 1 hour later than we should have. Turns out that was a blessing. There was an accident on the road we were travelling that had traffic stopped for 3+ hours. My friends who left on time were not as lucky. They were stuck in traffic the entire time. I basically caught up with them and was stuck for 2 hours. I was trying to figure out if I should get off at the next exit and go a different route. I rolled down my window and talked to the person beside me. He told me about the accident and that they thought it would be cleaned up by 8:00. It was 8:15 when I talked to him. The next exit was 1 1/2 miles away and going at a snails pace meant it took about 30 minutes to get there. By the time I got there the traffic began to pick up, so I decided to continue on. I reached my destination about 5 minutes after my friends got there. But unfortunately when I got there my friend was in tears. She had written down the wrong camp. And gave us all directions here. SO an hour and a half later we made it to the camp we were supposed to be.
Four girls out of seven in the Brownie group came. We stayed with the Junior group (that were friends and sisters to the Brownies.)
The camp was beautiful! We stayed in this cabin, which is more like a lodge. The girls stayed in one room and there was a separate room for the adults. There were 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, fireplace, electricity and occasionally I was able to connect to the Internet. It was really nice.
The girls made LOTS of crafts. Here is one of them making a lei. The whole weekend was a Hawaiian Luau theme.
Unfortunately, Saturday morning I got sick. I have no idea what happened, but anytime I was standing up my stomach hurt. So I went back to bed, while the girls made their leis and went on an obstacle course. Thankfully, I had a friend who took pictures. On Saturday night I pulled all of our pictures together and put them on my computer.
Here is Ashley going through the obstacle course.

After lunch I felt better and I went with the girls swimming for 45 minutes. By the time I got back I was 100% better.

Then the girls made more crafts. They made these cute t-shirts that say I "heart" Brownies and they decorated these hats. They sewed buttons on a little bag and made bracelets.
Then they went on a little adventure. Where they went on a nature walk.
There were lots of butterflies, all different kinds.


And they made little animal shelters out of rocks, sticks and leaves. Then they laid down in the grass and was supposed to listen to all the different sounds. That is when I snuck up on Ashley and made a kissy sound in her face, in which she made this face. I love it!
Ashley sure is a little hugger. I'm glad I suppose. She takes after her Daddy in that area. I am not a hugger. It makes me uncomfortable.
Now was the time they had all been waiting for! They had been asking all weekend long when they were going to the luau. Here they are with their sister group (who was also staying in our cabin.)
Before camp the girls made friendship pins. They made 40-50 pins to swap with other girl scouts. They were so excited to do this. Ashley (Mommy) made hula girl pins and Ashley put beads in the girl's hair.The hats that they decorated earlier were supposed to be used to attach their pins.
Here is where Ashley is swapping with another girl.
And here is Ashley with all of her pins attached to her hat.
The girls had a great time!!!
I had a great time too.
On Sunday morning when it was time to leave Ashley cried. You see her friends were riding together in one car, but we were driving separately because we were going in a different direction than they were. But the little drama queen said, "I didn't get to play with my friends ALL weekend long." But as you can tell by the pictures they didn't play at all and they all had a terrible time. NOT! She was just tired and feeling left out at the moment. But you can be sure she told her brothers all about the fun she had at camp.
Here is where Ashley is swapping with another girl.
And here is Ashley with all of her pins attached to her hat.
The girls had a great time!!!
I had a great time too.
On Sunday morning when it was time to leave Ashley cried. You see her friends were riding together in one car, but we were driving separately because we were going in a different direction than they were. But the little drama queen said, "I didn't get to play with my friends ALL weekend long." But as you can tell by the pictures they didn't play at all and they all had a terrible time. NOT! She was just tired and feeling left out at the moment. But you can be sure she told her brothers all about the fun she had at camp.
1 comment:
Those girls are so cute ;D
Post a Comment