Thursday, August 16, 2007

Colorful Birds

Well our little friend is taking a nap and by a wonderful default means my children MUST be quiet. Can you believe it, 2 posts in one day?


We did our craft. We are studying Brazil. And every year before Lent they have a Brazillian carnival. At the carnivals they wear bright feathered costumes. Since the kids made masks last Friday, I decided to have them paint parrots. Brazil is the home of many colorful beautiful birds. So here are their paintings. As you can see some are better at following directions than others. Of course I have one very stubborn one who wanted to make doors instead of the bird (I wonder who that could be?) But he started out doing great then got mad that I wouldn't let him paint a door on there. ( The poor bird looks like it was shot and feathers were going everywhere.)
Then I had one who, hmmmm, not quite sure WHAT he was doing. It once looked like a bird, but unfortunately he decided to make the bird bleed ALOT.


Our friend did a great job.




And I absolutely love Ashley's. She did such a great job. She really followed directions. I only helped her with the beak.
Well it looks like my time is up.
Catch ya later.

No comments: