Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Today's happenings!

Ashley is reading words! YAY! Aussie is reading like a "Kindergarten" pro. Mason still puts different endings on the words... C-A-P CAT! He is getting better though. I'm just so excited Ashley has caught up.


The lesson book was telling me to read some 3 letter words and have them tell me the vowel. We've been doing this for the last 4 or more days. So today I just handed them the card and had them read it to me. I'm still combining 2-4 lessons in each subject a day. I am finding little things that they don't know, so I'm glad we are going through it, but this stuff is way easy for them. It's a good review. What is hard for them is the writing. And we do this everyday.


Today we talked about the Aborigians and we made our own Aborigian Dot Paintings. I had an extra Kangaroo, so I did one too. :) It was fun. However, Mason really didn't want to do "just" dots and Ashley kept telling him to do it the right way.
In the picture it is Ashley's, Mine, Mason's and Austin's.
We got most everything done in the morning and then we went to get my haircut. So I finished up our lesson tonight. We talked about the Great Barrier Reef. And I read to them about Coral reefs. Mason wanted to read the entire Encyclopedia of Oceans and Seas. It is neat to find out that he is passionate about it.
On our way home we stopped at Target to get $1 popcorn and drink. Aussie was extremely happy since he got to buy a toy with his money. Unfortunately, the other 2 were not so happy. Ashley understood she spent all her money, but Mason didn't quite get it. I was so tired and frustrated by the end of our shopping trip that while I was looking all over the store for the main thing I needed to get, I almost yelled out Where Are the DAGGUM TAMPONS?. But just as it was about to come out of my mouth, I saw them in the very last aisle. (People would understand wouldn't they?)
Has anyone seen the movie Real Genius? The part near the beginning where one of the geniuses gets burned out and goes crazy? That is how I felt and I just relived that scene over and over in my head on the way home.
Mom open my toy, Mom I want to watch this show, Mom I want to look this up, Can you plug in the DVD player?,Mom- Mom- Mom-Mom, Mom I'm thirsty, Mom I need........As I scream JUST LET ME GO TO THE BATHROOM! Good golly! Mom where are you? Mom will you open these jump ropes (that they found that were supposed to be for gifts later on). Mom can I have scissors?, Can I go outside? Mom ,I want some DAGGUM rice?........What?....Can I have some daggum rice?.....Don't say that.........Why not?
(And some people wonder why I stay up so late to blog)

2 comments:

Renee said...

Ok, I'm just curious, but can I come to school too? I don't know anything about the aborigines. Were they on Season 3 or 4 of Surviver?
Page can write words, but when she does her "homework" she just draws the pretend symbol for words. (WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW kinda like that) Way to go YELHSA! (got her card and that was how she wrote it, very cute!)

Jann Gray said...

aaaaaaaaaaaa....so many adjustments that have to be made all at once! I think you all are doing great...but I am sure Mom is wwwwwwwwwwwworn out! I am with Renee...I love what you all are studying...would love to come and hang out!