Then we were studying Brazil and Sugar Loaf mountain that is there. And each of them made their own Sugar Loaf mountain out of sugar cubes. Unfortunately, the more glue they used caused it to melt.
But they had a great time doing this. Here are the pictures to prove it.




What was really funny is that we went to Chick-Fil-A on Tuesday night. The balloon man was asking the kids what they had been doing. Austin was telling him how they were going to school at home and I was his teacher. The balloon man had made him a hat and put it on his head. Austin's hair was sticking up from the static. So the man said, "Are you learning about static electricity?" And Aussie replied very seriously, "No, we are not big enough to learn about static electricity, we only learned about Sugar Loaf Mountain in Brazil and how it has a cable car that is way up high that you can ride in."
CRACKED ME UP!!!!! The balloon man couldn't hear all of that though.
Today we started school early. We have a guest here today, so I am including him in our schooling. After, during and before everything we did he kept asking when we were going to be done so he could play with the Thomas trains. We actually finished up the main stuff quite early and I am now letting them play. We will have lunch and then I will do a craft with them.
Well I'm off to make lunch...hopefully I can take pictures of the craft they do. It should be cool!
2 comments:
So glad you are enjoying the process. It looks like a ton (with 3 it has to weigh at least a TON) of fun! Great creative idea on the writing in shaving cream...WOWsa!
Loved Aussie's comment to the balloon man...too cute...and oh so thoughtful!
Have a good Friday too!
I love your "classroom" very nice set up. So sweet he recapped his day for the balloon guy.
Post a Comment