Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Just another day at the Greene's

Wow cool! I just noticed they added a little icon on here to attach a video. Now all I need is a video to attach.
Ah...our "BIG" event for the day. I had been told how cool it is to make a geyser out of diet soda and a tube of mentos. The way it was explained to me was you better get out of the way that thing will be flying. So I take a picture of the before --->
I pull the toothpick out and run away from it turning around to watch the little geyser run out. It wasn't any big deal at all. I don't know maybe I need REAL diet Coke to get a better effect. I still have Mentos, so I guess I'll need to try it again. I guess I'll splurge and buy $1.40 Diet coke instead of the 69c cheapo version. And maybe I'll be able to snap a picture of it next time.

This week we have been learning more about China. I was reading how China invented paper and that many years ago they did block printing. So we did "potato printing". Mason wanted his name on his potato, so I did his name and then told the other two I was not doing that again and they had to pick something easier. Austin picked his favorite Chinese character, which he calls "Shung". That was really easy to do. Then Ashley picked a heart (which I thought would be a lot easier than it was). Ashley didn't like it because it didn't print evenly. I worked and worked on that potato- even sanding it to try to get it to be more even.
I wanted to get a picture of them using them, but my camera was acting up. I put brand new batteries in it and it said that the batteries were low. UGH! CHEAP batteries!!! So I planned to take the pictures later...but Greg threw them away. He said they were looking brown and gross. OH well. I did get the artwork that we stamped with them though. I'll have to take pictures or scan them in so you can see.
This is a picture of Mason playing his Spanish games. He really loves it. I wish the computer worked better for him though.
So what is the moral of the story today? It sounds like it is buy brand names because they are simply better.

3 comments:

Michelle (The Beartwinsmom) said...

Yup, in some instances, brand name is better (and that just irks me because we need to save money! LOL).

Looks like the kids are having a great time, Chelle! :-)

Hugs, MG
beartwinsmom.wordpress.com

Jann Gray said...

You all are having GRAND adventures.... (sounds like MOM is having a lot of work to make the grand adventures -- but I love that about you that you are willing to work through the details with the kids)...

Thanks for keeping us up to date

Hollye said...

From everything I've read about that experiment, you have to use the REAL thing for it to work.