Oh my am I tired!
Today started off with the kids whining and crying ALOT! I didn't know how in the world I was going to start teaching today. Ashley cried throughout the Bible lesson, but amazingly Austin still was able to answer the questions after the story. Well I kept on going and it got MUCH better.
We went across the street to our neighbors house who puts out their U.S. flag everyday and said the Pledge of Allegience. Even though we will say it everyday, I thought it would be fun to go to their house once a week.
I was really proud of my kids for getting ready today. They made their beds, got dressed, brushed their teeth, washed their faces and brushed their hair all before we did school. Austin asked why we had to get dressed when we were staying at home.
The lessons were super easy so I did 3 of them today. I will probably do 3 tomorrow too.
My favorite part of the day is when we did their homework from Friday. They had to draw a picture and if they could write a few words about what they learned in her class. Each of them are so different and I just got the biggest kick out of what they did.
Mason drew a very simple stick figure and wrote Brazil Boy.
Ashley drew a girl and dictated what she wanted me to write. I had her write the word Brazil. But her story said, This is a girl from Brazil. She has no clothes on because it is hot. Their school is broken and their homes are old.
Aussie drew a VERY detailed picture of a rainforest with 3 people. One of the persons was slipping on the water. And he wrote Brazil rainforest.
Then they were to color a picture of the Brazil children. Mason did not want to do it. He scribbled on one of them, because he was mad that we were doing it. Then I told him he could go get the mail if he would color it nicely. So he told me not to look and he colored the other one nice. And then was proud of himself.
Then Ashley said, "we are supposed to color them with BRIGHT colors" So she colored hers nicely and asked me which colors were bright.
Austin again made me laugh. He colored his with much detail. And then he colored the skin brown and told me why. He said he colored them brown because it is so hot that their skin wouldn't burn if it was brown.
Mason just whizzed through the math. And he wanted to be the teacher's helper. So I had him help me some with asking the other two questions.
I have to say I was very proud of the kids and how it turned out in the end.
By the way while I'm homeschooling I turn the ringer off on my phones.
February Cocoa Daisy Project Shares!
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment