Monday, November 07, 2011

 Busy, busy, busy!  That would explain our life right now.   I have felt tired all day.  I can't believe that one little hour change can mess me up so much!

 I took Izzy to the vet today to get fixed.  I couldn't help my eyes filling up with tears as I dropped her off.  I had to explain why.  I was scared.  I had to regain my composure before walking in the door so the kids wouldn't see me upset and ask why.  I didn't want them to worry, so I didn't tell them.  The doctor called from the vet around 11:00 to tell me Izzy was doing well.  She said that we could probably come pick her up today and to call at 3:00.  So we did.  We picked her up.  They shaved her tummy so she looks a little funny.  She seemed mad at me for bringing her.  They told me that each cat is different and it could take a few hours or a week for the cat to feel back to normal.  When we got home she ate a little food and then she was as spunky as ever.  Trying to get her to slow down and not play is impossible.  


Tonight the boys had play practice and Ashley did not.  That ruined my plans of going home and watching a movie.  What to do with a little girl with little money?  Well I took her to Sonic to get a cherry slush.  I let her sit up in the front seat while we were there and she felt like she was in heaven.

She dreamed about Photoshopping this picture to look like it was day and we were driving.  She wanted to tease Daddy that she was sitting up front without a carseat or a seat belt on.

The boys didn't have to be a play practice for very long tonight so after Sonic we just hung out at the theater.  Ashley had to go to the bathroom really bad, but the women's restroom was closed and blocked off.  So we decided to let her go in the Men's room.
No one was in there, but she came out and said none of the doors locked.  I walked down to the girl's bathroom to see if there was a note on the door telling us of another restroom in the building, but it did not.  So I said, "Come on Ashley, I will stand outside and not let anyone in."  In that short amount of time someone went in there.  And she would not go.
So on the way home as she is rocking and whining, she said, "Mom I really have to go I don't think I can make it until we get home."  OK I said, we will stop at the next gas station.
Wouldn't you know it-BOTH bathrooms were out of order!

Thankfully she made it home!

I am so thankful for indoor plumbing!
And I am really thankful that Izzy is doing well and is at home.


No comments: