You may have noticed that this is titled Saved by the Cat. That would be because up until an hour ago the best picture I got today was of Greg's toe. He thinks he may have broken his little toe getting out of the shower this morning. It looks terrible! It is all swollen and purple.
Then for the gratitude journal I was going to write: I am thankful it is not MY toe! Of course I would have written JUST KIDDING really big beside it.
But you are in luck because something much cuter happened that was picture worthy.
My little Izzy cat is like a puppy. She runs from one room to the next so fast. She climbs the backs of chairs that we started calling her an acrocat! At night when the kids go to bed that is when she becomes lovey. She will let you hold her and pet her. If you try during the day she wants to get down and play. We have to put her up at night because she likes to pounce on us in the early morning hours. And if you moved in your bed, you would be sure that she would attack your toes. But she also likes to play fetch. Many times I see her bring stuffed animals from upstairs downstairs. Many times they are twice her size.
Today she is bringing this Build-A-Bear cat down the steps and I caught her in action.
I am thankful for our furry friends. They are certain to bring us a smile.
Please pray for Izzy tomorrow. We are taking her in to get fixed and to get her shots. Pray for us too. I haven't told the kids yet. See the last time we took a kitten in to get fixed she died there. I am nervous! We are obviously taking her somewhere else. She will need to stay overnight.
On a brighter note- I loved the songs we sang in church today. At the end of service we sang my very favorite church song, This is how we Overcome. In the chorus it says, You've turned my mourning into dancing, you've turned my sorrow into joy. I picture Greg and myself dancing in the mornings (& evenings) with our triplets when they were babies. I so desperately wanted kids and God answered my prayer right down to the little detail of having a girl first.
I am so thankful God gave me my heart's desire!


No comments:
Post a Comment