Thursday, November 17, 2011

Yes! It's more about Socks- Get over it!

 There will be 2 posts tonight. Yes, more about socks. I can't help it, this is a big deal to me!

 This is my sock basket...after folding at least 30 pairs of socks.

First I separate them by colors (darks, whites, tans and other) As you can see in the picture below the 'others' get folded pretty quickly as they are easy to match. The tans just happened to be what I folded last.

I ended up folding 96 pairs of socks. Check out the picture below:

There are 23 different styles of black socks and 27 different styles of white socks. REALLY?
Then there were 46 socks that didn't have a match!  Seriously 46?  Who has 46 different socks that don't match?  Apparently I do because I counted them.
Anyway, I decided to donate several of my matched up white socks.

My Mom made a comment yesterday to put a colored dot on the bottom of the socks.  Well I did that with my white socks, but the black mark has faded so much that it is no longer seen.  It was on there with a Sharpie, should I have used something else.  But my question to you is how do you mark the dark socks?  Hmmmm....maybe nail polish.

OK off the sock subject and onto something much more exciting.  Look what I got yesterday.
If you think we could never eat this much popcorn in a year, you would be mistaken.  This 25 pound bag of unpopped popcorn will last us maybe 6 months.  It usually goes faster in the Summer because my dear friend Doris and her son beg me to bring it to their house each and every time  we come over.  And because of school schedules and such we mainly only see each other during the Summer.  But I am excited I will get to scrap with her on Saturday. YAY.  And yes I'll be bringing a jar full of popcorn with me.
She tells me I have the best popcorn and she would be right.  I don't know why but this organic popcorn is awesome!

Now get ready for a post full of beautiful pictures of my kids.  That's coming up next.

By the way I also changed a light bulb yesterday that had been burned out for a LONG time.  This was no easy feat that's for sure!  When I tried to get the glass cover off I ended up pulling the entire fixture down out of the ceiling including the asbestos or insulation.  Thankfully I was able to get it all back up into the ceiling. But I am WOMAN hear me ROAR!


1 comment:

cropalot said...

Your dad is on a popcorn kick and we haven't tasted yours.
I'll have to check yours out. You can get it in smaller amounts, right?