Saturday, November 05, 2011

November 3 and 4, 2011

Thursday, Nov. 3 was a very busy day and the main thing of the day was even cancelled.  I am somewhat in charge of yearbook/school pictures.  So I was supposed to work our first day of school pictures.  But it rained so we had to reschedule since all of our pictures are being taken outside.  Since it rained I decided to take the kids to Pizza Hut.  They had earned a reading coupon, so they could get a free individual pizza.  
 We took our History homework with us and did it while we were at the restaurant.  It was much longer than usual and all of us were exhausted by the time we got finished with it.

That evening I got to go to Jenni Bowlin's packing party.  It is once a month and I enjoy it so much.  We help her pack up the scrapbooking kits she sells and in return we get to keep one of the kits.  It's just a really fun girl's night out.

Friday, November 4
This little stinker tried to get out of touching a dissection.  Luckily, he didn't have to touch it.  But I was talking to his Science teacher and she told me what he said and it absolutely cracked me up!

He said, "Miss Tammy, I need to talk to you.  Um..My Mom is allergic to fish so I don't think we should touch it!"

Apparently, all of my kids have an aversion to dissection.  I guess they get it honestly, because I didn't like it myself.  I remember getting physically sick when we had to dissect a worm.  Luckily, I had  a partner who didn't mind doing the cutting when we did the frog.

No comments: