Saturday, November 12, 2011

Today was my birthday.
I was a little bummed at first.  Greg had rehearsal.  I had plans to go out with some girls but they cancelled.  The Greene's offered for me to go out with them.  They were taking the kids to see Puss and Boots and going to Chick Fil A.  But I just didn't want to celebrate my birthday that way.

So I went out by myself.
On the way out I called a friend who has moved away to tell her I was feeling kind of sorry for myself.  She made my night! She texted me something that can't be repeated here.  I laughed so hard I was almost crying.  But I did a 180o turn around, and the rest of the night was tons of fun.

I treated myself to Rafferty's.  I got a french dip sandwich which was pretty yummy.

Then I went to Brushfire and painted a plate.  If you have never painted pottery it's a little weird.  First of all it is fun!  I love it. But it's also just a little nerve wracking.  When you paint the colors are very flat and you are never quite sure what it will really look like after it gets glazed and out of the kiln.

Here is what I painted.  I think it will look nice.  I only wish now that I would have painted the string to Santa's bag brown instead of black.  Looking at this photo it sticks out like a sore thumb to me.


Now it is the waiting game.  I pick it up next Friday. and I'll make sure to take a picture so you can see the finished product.

After painting, I then treated myself to The Cheesecake Factory.  I got a piece of chocolate raspberry cheesecake.  Mmmmm!  It was divine!

Today I am very thankful for my dear friend Dana, who can make me laugh even from miles away!

No comments: