Sunday, November 13, 2011

Celebrating 39! (again)

Today was Harvest Sunday at church.  It is one of my favorite Sundays.  Our church collects over 650 bags of groceries packed with specific foods that make up a Thanksgiving dinner.  Our family brought 5 bags, one for each person to carry to the the front.  These bags are then distributed out to those in need.

After church, my in-laws took me out to eat to one of my favorite restaurants, Logans for my birthday.

Mmmmmm.....I got a delicious Filet Mignon!

Ashley made me a sign that said, Happy Mommy Day!





 Leftovers!
The kids
 had play practice today and then Greg took them to Lipscomb Middle school open house.  Ashley and Mason are excited about the fact that they may be going there next year.  Aussie is not happy about it at all.  He wants to be able to pick his own classes.  I didn't get to go with them because I was absolutely exhausted and had to take a nap.  After the play last night I came home cuddled with the kids and then went out to get groceries for Harvest Sunday.  On my way out Greg called and said some of them were going out to eat.  So I joined them.  Well I still needed to get groceries so I went to the store at 1:15AM.  I got home a little after 2AM.  Since my in-laws are in town and are sleeping on the couch bed in the living room I was trying to be super quiet.  But wouldn't you know I accidentally pressed the car alarm button.  In the morning they said they didn't even hear it.  Greg did though from upstairs.  Needless to say, I didn't get very much sleep last night.

After dinner we celebrated with an ice cream  birthday cake.  Mason wrote Happy on this one and Ashley wrote Mommy on another one.

Delicious!

Today I am thankful for having good in-laws.  

No comments: