Do you hate to fold socks?
I do! Especially white ones!
What makes it worse is that I wait until no one has any socks left in their drawers and for a few days/weeks we pull from the basket and then I will finally go to fold them. Then I have a big basket just full of socks. I have a little secret. I've been known to just go buy some more so I don't have to fold them. Now that the boys are a little older, and wearing practically the same size sock as Greg and me, I feel like I should just throw/donate all of these socks and get new ones that are all the same. Oh it drives me insane- this one has gray botttoms, this one has green Hanes, these are plain white but the tops are different, these are ankle socks, etc. If they were all the same I wouldn't have that problem. I'm tempted. I am so very tempted!
As much I hate to fold socks, I am thankful for them. I just wish that I can get my sons to wear them all the time. Holy Smokes! I haven't smelled anything so bad in my life as an active boy's feet after a long day of sweating in their tennis shoes without socks.
I've had a very productive day. I wonder what makes some days so productive and other days not so much? Today, I've done all the laundry at least 4 loads, folded all but the socks and got it all put away (Thanks Greg and kids). I also am just about ready to run my 3rd load of dishes. I made a pretty darn good dinner- Chicken Parmesan. And I got the important things done for school. I wish I had made them finish their Math, but I was quite busy cleaning. I ran an errand to Green Hills and went to the grocery store. Ran to a couple more stores and showered the kids. Oh and I also got all the Spring/Summer boys clothes folded and put away. All in all- a pretty successful day. And now I best be getting back to the folding the dreaded socks.
But first a picture from yesterday, my daughter still celebrating my birthday.


1 comment:
May I suggest that you buy a set of colored laundry pens? Assign a different color to each person. Put a mark on the bottom toe of each sock. With the colors, at least everyone will know his own and can match them up themselves. Then wash them more often so you don't need so many pairs.
For Christmas you could get some new ones...and mark them. The boys size should be smaller than your 's and Greg's.
Post a Comment