Tuesday, December 09, 2008

The 9th Day of Christmas

What did we do before microwaves? Our microwave died! Why did it have to happen when we've already spent most of our money for Christmas? It's funny how for years and years and years no one had a microwave and now it is a necessity.
------------------

Today we were playing at McDonald's after school. There was a little 1/2 Mexican boy there. He was 3 years old and had a speech impediment. (yes all that is important to the story) The little boy was chasing after my boys yelling. Aussie thought he was calling them "stupid". He came down and told me; and he told me he said, "That is a rude thing to say" back to him. I was talking to the boy's mother and she said, "What did Nathaniel say?" I told her and she said, "OH he is saying STOP IT. He is not allowed to say stupid and we thought he was saying that too. etc. etc."
So Mason came down and said to me, "That boy is yelling at me in Spanish and I don't understand what he is saying."
So I explained to him that he was saying Stop it. And my Mason who is taking Spanish said, "I don't understand what that means, I haven't learned that yet." LOL!!!

All the little boy wanted was them to stop running away from him.

___________________

Today I am sick. I have lost my voice for most of the day. It is back, but my throat still hurts. I've got to figure out what to make for dinner, do some cleaning (which I really dread right now), and make that last little tutu. All I really want to do is take a nap. I'm really wishing I would have picked up that already cooked chicken at Sam's Club today.

I better get up and move before I fall asleep on the keyboard.

2 comments:

Snarky Mom Reads said...

Those chicks at Sam's are AWESOME -- and basically just a few cents more than buying & roasting one yourself -- and it's already done! (Says the woman with one in her freezer right now.) Sorry you're not feeling 100% yet. Don't you always have something break down right around Christmas? Wasn't it a van a few years ago??

Anonymous said...

Did you get a strep test?