Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Day- The first real day of Christmas.


What a very special day! Happy Birthday Jesus! We made our annual Birthday cake for Jesus and we took it to church today.

I must have gotten caught up in the moment, because I certainly didn't take very many pictures. WELL...let me rephrase that. I took 44 pictures. If I had a film camera that would be a lot of pictures, but having a digital camera- 44 pictures is really not much. Digital cameras give you the freedom to just shoot shots left and right and not have to worry about setting up the perfect shot. Not that I don't do that too, but on a day that presents are ripped into it's just easier to take random shots.
Today the kids woke us up at 7:00. “Can we open our presents?” I said, “Do you think you have presents? I don’t want to get up until I know for sure you have presents, why don’t you go downstairs and find out and then let me know.” I listened to them. I do wish I could have gotten Mason’s reaction on camera. I can imagine his eyes getting big when he said, “WOooooow!” And Ashley said, “OH YEP there’s presents.”

They all seemed very pleased with what they got! We got several games for the game cube. They each got a Bakugan- whatever those weird things are. They each got 3 Webkinz. (They were buy one get one free at Walgreens). I'm wondering if he actually hit Mason with those Hulk gloves.
Ashley got this pony from Gramma. She LOVES it! They got Twister the original game and lots and lots of Littlest Pet Toys. They were very spoiled this year! Can you tell?
Anyway, Aussie said, at lunch, “I wish we could be more SPOILED !” That made me laugh!

We had lunch at church. They do this every year. People who don’t have family around get together at church for lunch. They provide the meat and drinks and everyone brings a side or a dessert. It was especially yummy. I ate way too much. We sat with some people we didn’t know and what a coincidence, they had triplets. Their triplets are grown now in their 40’s. But that was very interesting talking to them.
All those late nights up wrapping presents and blogging really got to me today. I took a long nap when we got home from church. Then I got up and made 10 loaves of bread. YUMMY! My MIL gave me a Friendship Bread starter that had to be made today. You are supposed to keep a starter and give out 3 bags to friends. But I knew I wouldn't keep up with it, so I just made all of it.
And here it is almost 1:00AM again. Why do I do this to myself?
I really hope you had a fabulous Christmas! We sure did!

No comments: