Monday, December 22, 2008

Christmas Memories Day 22

Wow today was a very frustrating creative day!

It started out with the kids wanting me to draw for them. It may look like fun, but it can be frustrating. Mason kept saying don't forget to color the antler, you still need to color this or that over and over AS I was still coloring.
Aussie wanted me to draw Woofy and Lily.
Aussie is SO very thankful for his horse. He told me when he got it, he was "gazed" and couldn't talk. He also said he wished there was some way to say Thank you more than just saying the words.
And Mason wanted me to draw Santa Moose.
He started singing..." I wish you a Moosey Christmas, I wish you a Moosey Christmas, I wish you a Moosey Christmas and a Happy New Year." It really was very sweet. So we called up Gramma and Mason serenaded her. And it made her feel so much better!
Then I got to work on the presents I am making. I've made 4 now and if I had made this one first I would have never made another one. Each one takes about 3 1/2- 4 hours to make. This one took ALL DAY. I don't know why. BUT every little thing went wrong. I don't know if it was the fabric or what. My thread kept messing up over and over again and I would have to pull out all the stitches and do it again and again. The problem was it looked good on one side, so you could go and go and not know that anything was wrong until you were finished. Then I would sew it crooked or made it too small or whatever. It was crazy!!! BUT...I have to say it is the best one yet. It is gorgeous! So I'm really hoping the person getting this one not only likes it but LOVES it. And if she can not use it for what it is intended, maybe she will use it for something else. I know that's a lot of pressure! But if you don't like it give it back-I'll use it!
I'm getting so excited about Christmas! I think while Greg works on the computer tonight, I'll wrap presents. This really has been a great Christmas Season for me. I know a lot of times it can be very stressful, but this year it has been lots of fun. I also think dedicating myself to journaling everyday in December is helpful. It gets me to do a lot more fun things, just so I can take pictures.

No comments: