Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Another Wow Moment- Dry Bones

Another Aussie WOW moment

Most of what Aussie put on his Christmas wish list was unrealistic.
For example: The Feeling of Owning Google.

He has always liked "different" things than the average child his age.  I remember when he asked for a plush Saturn. I scoured everywhere trying to find one, then I ended up making one for him.

When most boys would play with Mario or Luigi figures, Aussie would want the odd character that was never made into a toy.  When it comes to the Mario game he always wanted the character Dry Bones.

NO ONE made anything with Dry Bones on it.  At one point we bought a similar character and painted Dry Bones on it.  Anyway, Dry Bones made it onto the Christmas wish list yet again this year.  Even though he knew there were no Dry Bones toys.

I was happy yet slightly bummed he asked.  Happy to know he would appreciate the gift I already bought, but kind of bummed that I couldn't surprise him with something he didn't ask for.

Again on Ebay I found a Dry Bones plush. As soon as I found it I instructed all the kids that they were NOT allowed to look on Ebay until after Christmas.  I couldn't risk him seeing what I bought or what I had even searched.

When he opened his gift I think he started bouncing off the walls!
"WOW!!!! How did you find a Dry Bones Plush?"

He has been playing with his Dry Bones all day today.

We also started back to school today.
A couple weeks ago Aussie asked me what ADHD was.

Aussie: What is ADHD?
Me: It's what you have.
Aussie: Oh, what does it mean?
Me: Attention Deficit Hyper disorder.
Aussie: Well anything with the word hyper in it, I like it!



Today he wondered if anyone else he knew had it.  I know a lot of people who have it.  I told him I have ADD.  He tried a medicine last year and it helped tremendously, but he has a very, very hard time swallowing a pill.  Unfortunately the ADD meds don't come in a liquid.  He stopped taking them because every morning he was choking on the pill.  He has always had some swallowing issues.  He still is not able to eat steak and some other chewy foods that don't break down easy.

Poor kid spends most of his day daydreaming while he is trying to do his Math.

He feels like he is struggling a lot this year with school and it is really frustrating him.

Time for bed for me!

No comments: