Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Day 4 Hangin' Out with Family

New Year's Day was full of hanging out with family.  Aunt Diane told us her grandkids would be coming over to play and wanted to know if we wanted to join them.

I went over there to take pictures but the little gnats were bugging me so I went back to the house.  Funny thing is I got back to the house and the front door was locked.  Kaitlin and her boyfriend

 showed up and I asked them if they had a key to the house.  She said yes, but Papa was home.  DUH! I had waited in the car for about 10 minutes thinking I was locked out.  Then after Nana got home, she told me that only the front door was locked.  Gee, I didn't even try opening the other doors.

I had the most sleep that I have had since being here last night but for some reason I was really exhausted most of the day.

Ashley really hit it off with the girls at the zip line.  I guess they are her 2nd cousins?  She invited them along to McDonalds.  Aubrey is in the black and Kaleena is in the blue next to Ashley.









  
 Then we went to the carousel.








And played on the playground a little bit.








 Kaleena asked if Ashley could spend the night and so Ashley went over to her house.  Ashley ended up coming back home around 10:30.  She said she wasn't feeling well.  However, when she gets tired she always feels sick.

For dinner we had black eyed peas! Greg read the history of why southerners eat black eyed peas on New Year's day for good luck.  I thought I would try them. That was my first experience with black eyed peas and hopefully my last. LOL! I'm sure you cooked them well Gayle, but sorry they taste nasty. Maybe it is because I'm a yankie?  Well, I guarantee that I wouldn't have liked the sauerkraut either if it was fixed and I guess that is the northern New Year's day meal.  Here's hoping that teaspoon of black eyed peas brings good luck this year.

Tonight, Nana and Papa watched the boys and we went to see Les Miserables at the movie theater.  I loved it!  Wish I had thought to take some tissues.  It is such an emotional show.  I know there are mixed reviews on it.  Some people thinking it is better as a play and some saying the movie is better.  Well I can't say I liked one better than the other, but I can say that the movie helped me understand some things better.







No comments: