Saturday, January 05, 2013

Part 3 Zip line

Greg's uncle Steve built a HUGE zip line for his grandkids for Christmas.  So they invited us over to try it out.  Talk about nerve-wrecking!!!  They told me it is 18 feet high, looks taller to me.

Greg, the kids and his Dad walked over.  It's not far.  I wouldn't have minded the walk, but I felt like we needed to have a car there just in case something happened.  So I drove there.
 Blade tries out the tire swing.

Greg tested the zipline first. He sat up at the top for quite some time getting the nerve to jump off.  Then he screamed all the way down. Most likely for the heck of it, but it made me even more nervous.

 Ashley seemed to have no fear.  She climbed that ladder like it was nothing.  She made it look easy and then relieved some of my fears.  She told me later that she was indeed nervous.

 The boys tried to climb the ladder but got cold feet.  They still got to play.  They just took the line to the bottom and hopped on.
 Then Greg pulled them up the line and then let go.




 They have had so much fun that they have been back every single day!  I'm still nervous.  I see a broken arm in the near future- hoping it's not my kids. Nor do I hope to be there when it happens.

Here Ashley swings on tree swing.
 Also, on the same property they built a very long dock that we walked on.  It seemed a little rickety but it was strong.

 The view is beautiful.
 Mason and Blade have really become close this trip.



 This is Greg's parent's house looking over the marsh from his uncles house.

Next up the Winter Wonderland...

No comments: