One
must remember that the time on her computer does not change like a cellular
phone automatically changes once you go into another time zone.
I was
wondering why I was so tired when my clock said 2:30. I mean it should
“feel” like it is 1:30 to me and I’m used to going to bed around
2:30-3:00. Anyway, I turned off my computer and went to bed.
Crawling into bed I noticed the time on the alarm clock. 3:30AM. What? Huh? I
was tired and wondered how in the world I wasted a whole hour from turning off
my computer to getting into bed. Confused I just went to sleep. It wasn't until after I woke up, later in the day that I realized my computer time
was still reading Nashville time. Duh!
We went to church where Greg grew up. Just a little church (well compared to ours) with a lot of heart. The people there are so friendly and loving. Today they were having a potluck to celebrate their new fellowship hall. I love Blade in his suit!
When it was time to leave, Greg told me to get my things together. I got all my things, gathered the kids and then proceeded to wait at least 10 minutes standing by the door while he chatted with more people.
I really should learn by now that this is going to happen. It happens ALL the time, even at home!
But what should I do? Wait 5 minutes and then start getting the things together? I'm not sure but I need to figure something out because it aggravates me.
Yesterday I knitted a hat in my spare time. Good thing I did because I needed it today.
The
weather dropped significantly overnight. It was chilly during the day.
Not terribly cold but all the Floridians were in shock of how cold it
was. Now at night it was downright cold! We went on a trolley ride
around downtown St. Augustine. I was bundled up with hat, gloves, scarf,
2 shirts and a coat and I was still cold. The trolley ride was really
cool! We were given these 3D type glasses to wear during the whole
ride.
They turned every light into snowflakes. I’m not kidding, it
is so cool! I tried to take a picture, holding the glasses in front of my lens
while we were still at home. The lights on the Greene’s tree are just
normal colored lights. This is what the glasses made them look like:
So
even the car headlights and tail lights were pretty!
Here are the kids waiting for the trolley:
Someone gave Gayle a heads up on what to do. We got there at 5:00. There were 10 in our party. Uncle Jack and Aunt Maureen joined us.
We wanted to make sure we got on the same trolley. And we did. It was a REALLY good thing we got there when we did, because when we got off, the line was amazingly long. I'm sure some of the people in the middle to back had to wait at least an hour long to get on. Well I don't know how many trolleys they have running, but the trip wasn't short. It was at least a half an hour.
We wanted to make sure we got on the same trolley. And we did. It was a REALLY good thing we got there when we did, because when we got off, the line was amazingly long. I'm sure some of the people in the middle to back had to wait at least an hour long to get on. Well I don't know how many trolleys they have running, but the trip wasn't short. It was at least a half an hour.
It was really difficult to take pictures, especially where I was sitting but here are a few. Too bad I couldn't capture all the pictures how we actually saw them with the snowflake glasses.
Here are a few shots Gayle got. Very beautiful!
Then we went to a seafood restaurant named Schooners. When we got there I asked if they fry their French fries in the same oil
as the seafood. Yes, they do. They grill everything on the same grill, they use
the same oil for everything. If you will remember from the last time we
were here, I spent most of the night, the night before we left in the hospital
with an anaphylactic reaction to eating French fries cooked in the same grease
as shrimp. We asked the
hostess if it would be ok if I brought in Wendy’s food while everyone else ate
there. Of course they were agreeable. I was embarrassed for being
the center of attention, but I just couldn't risk it. Ashley was upset because she thought I would be allergic to her if she ate the french fries.
After getting back to the house, I ventured off alone to find Walmart. Somehow
I passed it. I was wondering surely it couldn't be this far.
Thankfully, I was able to punch in Walmart into my GPS and it told me I had
passed it 10 miles ago. I just wanted to cry.
I did
find the Walmart. I bought me some more yarn so that I can make a
matching scarf to the hat I made yesterday.
And I
found that they had my favorite flavor of gum there. They stopped selling
that flavor in Nashville for some reason. So I stocked up. I think
I got about 15 containers. It will last me a little while. The gum
I like is called Ice Cubes and the flavor is Raspberry Sorbet.
Anyway,
I ended my evening with a nice long bubble bath.

















No comments:
Post a Comment