Well I happened to see one on Ebay. The bids usually start low and then sky rocket near the end. I placed my bid. I wasn't willing to spend more than $50. Hardly anyone was bidding and I wondered why. I thought I may have read the description wrong and it was only being sold for parts. I went back and reread the description. Everything seemed to be documented well. The guy had lots of pictures, it was pretty beaten up but was in working order.
Then I saw it...
the seller had TERRIBLE feedback.
The seller himself was the risk. Many people wrote BUYER BEWARE...never received item. CRUD! what was I to do? I already had my bid on there for several days and couldn't retract it now.
Nervous, I emailed the seller and told him my concern. He immediately got back to me and said he would provide the tracking number for the shipment.
I ended up winning the bid at nearly $40.
Days and weeks went by an no word from the seller. I emailed 2 more times. then when I did not recieve the game at the allotted time, I emailed one more time and told him I was going to report him if I didn't see a tracking number right away. He got back to me and said he would mail it tomorrow and would provide a tracking number.
Two days passed and he emailed me and said he got it in the mail, but Japan post has gotten strict and would not allow him to mail the batteries and he would give me a partial refund for the cost of the batteries. AND he "lost" the tracking number.
I was upset and thought I would never actually get it. I was afraid he was stalling so much that it would be too long of a time to report him. I called Ebay and they assured me that I could still report him. Another few days passed and he got back to me. He found the tracking number. I was surprised! That was good news! I was still leery that it wouldn't work.
It arrived in 2-3 weeks. I had it in my hand! Next I had to find batteries to test it out. I went to at least 4 stores and I couldn't find them. I had to order them online and wait yet another week to get them. The batteries came, I put them in...
IT WORKED!
I was so relieved!
But there was still the issue of the seller refunding the $4 it cost to buy the batteries. Absolutely NO word from the seller. I gave him a week to respond and yet again told him I would report him.
Still no word!
I reported him. Ebay said to first try and work it out with the seller and required me to wait another week and a half. I again reached out to the seller, told him I reported him and wanted the partial refund he promised.
Again NO response.
So once the required wait period was over I stepped up the process. I provided all of my documentation to Ebay. Guess what? I didn't get a partial refund.
Ebay gave me a FULL refund AND I got to keep the game! YES!
Then it was time to give it to him. How would I present it? I wrapped it nice and neat, then on Christmas Eve I hid it under the couch. Christmas morning, everyone opened all of their presents. We asked if they got everything they wanted. Hesitantly, Aussie said, yes.
Then I said, "Wait, there is still one more gift that didn't get opened." I pulled it out from under the couch and handed it to him.
He opened it and was in shock!
He stared at it wondering if it was real.
Slowly a big grin swept across his face.
Then he asked, "How? How did you get this?"





No comments:
Post a Comment