Friday, December 22, 2006

4 more days and starting to sew.


Only 4 more days until Christmas! And I have just found a little time to actually sew. I ran out of fabric to make Ashley's dress, so I improvised. I'm hoping it will look good. I also didn't buy enough fringe by about 3 inches. I'll try to scrounge up enough money to buy 3 inches more- I might have that in pennies.


I'm working on the boys' pants. I hate using a pattern. Even though I think this might be easy, I just have the hardest time reading them. I think I would have been better off if I just tried to do it on my own. I wanted to finish them tonight, but I need to iron and that would wake up Greg if I got that out. So I'll have to do it tomorrow.


I'm hoping that once I get one pair made that the rest will be easy. I need to make 4 pants in all. And all before Christmas.


I didn't take any pictures today. I thought the craft we did today would have been easy, but WHAT WAS I THINKING? We made ornaments for the tree. I blew up 3 small balloons. We painted them with fabric stiffener, then wrapped them with yarn. Then we sprinkled glitter on them. OH WHAT A MESS! Plus they were not able to hold the balloon and wrap the yarn around it at the same time. I popped the balloons tonight and have the ornaments hanging up to continue drying. They are "interesting". I suppose they will last one Christmas and then out they go. I'll put a picture of them on here tomorrow.


We ran out of bread so I made bread today. It tasted really good, but the bread didn't rise like it should have. So instead of it being light it was very heavy. I made paninis tonight with it and they were delicious! Mason and Ashley helped me roll it out and knead it. I wish I got a picture of that too. But the craft and the bread were just too messy to get the camera out.


I guess I better go to bed. Have a fabulous day!

No comments: