Sunday, December 10, 2006

A Walk Thru Bethlehem


What a BUSY day!

After church today we went to Woodmont Christian church where they hold A Walk thru Bethlehem one day free to the public every year. Last year Austin was afraid because it is dark inside where all the shops are set up. This year he didn't like the smell of the wood chips on the floor. So Daddy took Austin and Ashley out and waited for Mason and I to go through the building. Mason enjoyed looking at the things that he saw. He even got to make a tiny bowl from clay. When we got outside and met up with the others, Ashley said she wanted what Mason had. And Mason gave it to her.







Then I took Ashley over to see Mary, Joseph and baby Jesus. This is a picture of Ashley giving the bowl to baby Jesus as a present.






The kids loved the animals the best. This is Eli the donkey. He was just a baby so he still needed to learn some manners. Austin petted him and tried to feed him, but the "shepherd" was afraid he might nibble his fingers.

So he moved on over to the goat and fed him. I wish I could have gotten a picture of the Scottish Highlander. It was a long haired red cow with big horns, it was pretty cool, but I just couldn't get at the right angle to take a picture.

And there was a camel there.

So after we walked thru, the kids really wanted to go back to the beginning to pet the sheep again.

But look at the picture of the camel again. See those people looking from way up there? By the time we started to go back to the beginning, mind you we are at the end, the line to get in was wrapped around and all the way back to where we come out. I'm so glad we got there when we did, we got there just in time to just stand in a short line. Anyway, we did end up walking around all those people to pet the sheep again. This was there favorite part! Mason even got his picture taken from a reporter for the Green Hills news, so he just might be in the newspaper in the next few days.

I was going to continue on with the rest of the day, but I think it deserves another post.

1 comment:

Jann Gray said...

what a wonderful day....wonderful memory....and a bit of personal knowledge to be tucked away when they hear about shepherds and the way Jesus came into this world...what a great teaching environment. You are a good mommy!

Great pictures and narrative by the way...I appreciate both!

Hugs...have a great week.