After lunch we went home for 40 minutes and then had to turn back around and come to church again for the Children's Christmas program. On the way, I asked my kids to sing really pretty for me and I was informed that they were NOT going to sing. And that they would only sing if it was just the three of them. Little boogers!!! Anyway we got there and I did my part just fine. I read a story with a Lion puppet to the kids. Then it was time for my kids to come up. Ashley and Mason went on stage, but Austin did not. 
Unfortunately, they were WAY on the LEFT side sitting down behind people, so I couldn't really see them. After the first song, I guess Austin decided he did want to be up there, so Greg snuck him up there. But he just sat with his back facing the audience and watched the little older kids sing. It was still cute to hear all of them and see them. They sang Amy Grant's, A Night Before Christmas.
After they sang the 3rd thru 6th graders got up on the stage and sang. It was so SO beautiful that I cried! I don't know the songs they sang, but 4 of them played the violin. It was just so moving! I was impressed to hear harmony with the instruments. And the rest of them performed sign language with the song. It was orchestrated so nicely and the kids rotated without being a distraction so everyone had a chance to be in the front. It was truly amazing. I wish you could have been there.
But then Greg came and got me and told me Ashley was sick. So I had to leave early and miss the rest of the program. But what I did hear was so wonderful, it just didn't matter that I had to go.
1 comment:
ahhhhhhhhhhhh....aren't children's pageants the best?!?!??! i love them...seeing kids "making a joyful noise" -- not yet self conscious....and all the funny things that happen too. And then there are those moments when something ethereal happens and you KKNOW beyond a shadow of a doubt that the spirit of the Lord has come to be a part of it becauase He has a special affinity for children who are willing to praise him. It almost takes my breath away. Glad you got to be a part of it...hope Ashley is feeling better. Miss you friend...love you
Post a Comment